DERBYSHIRE ENGLISH BOWLING FEDERATION

wp3f7ec23a_0f.jpg

wpd08107ef_0f.jpg

wpd6ba9687_0f.jpg

wp87191ef3_0f.jpg

wp1069889b_0f.jpg

1st Notice

Following many phone calls after yesterday's meeting, I have sent this email to let people know what is happening regarding our National Championships.

As you are aware we had an Executive meeting yesterday. (15th March 2020)

No firm decision was made on the championships, but it was agreed that a decision would be made before the 3rd April.

 

Depending what the government agree at their Cobra meeting later today (16 March 2020) and if as expected they put a ban on the elderly. then we will cancel Newark straight away as many of our competitors are within that age range. It is hoped that if this happens then the finals would take place late September or early October subject to Newark being available

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused

 

Regards

Dave Woods

E.B.F. National Secretary

 

NEWARK 2020. UPDATED 16 MARCH 2020

2nd Notice

Following our meeting yesterday and the Governments recommendations this afternoon, we have now agreed with Newark to postpone the Championships in April until later in the year.

I have had calls this afternoon saying various greens in the North have been closed and Counties are unable to play their finals. With all the above in mind I have spoken with the Chairman and agreed that we should postpone the finals now until October providing the virus has been contained by then.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this will cause to people but feel that we have to take action now rather than wait a few weeks.

 

I have provisionally arranged a new date with Newark for  Monday September 21st to Sunday 27th September if the virus has died down.

Regarding the Outdoor season no decisions have been reached yet, but we will advise all Counties when we reach the agreement. 

Regards

Dave